[Amps] HT transformer of a old TL911 amp

BEHIELS JEAN-PIERRE ON4AEF at base.be
Tue Feb 22 09:33:29 PST 2011

Hi guys;

Still repearing and restoring a old fashion boy of  a TL911 amp.
I have removed the HT transformer for cleaning brushing up a bit and after doing some meassuring with a shunt resistor in series with the primary of 47ohm/50W
connected to the 220VAC net, I measure about 47VAC with a FLUKE over the shunt resistor.
This means that there flows a "non load current of 1A".
With other words there excists a dissipation of about 47W with no load !!
May I conclude that there is a broken coil inside this transformer ?
But nothings becomes warm or hot,so I presume a coil failure will produce some temperature dissipation ??

73's Jean ON4AEF.