[Amps] DX-60

The Zwiener heart-monger at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 15 12:48:41 PST 2011

Hello folks. I have a DX-60 that I have been running for several months, and have electrically restored it including the WC3K mods.

The little thing is great, but it keeps blowing, or shorting the 6DE7 modulator tube.
Any ideas on this one?

Also I am keying the transmitter by by making and breaking the power supply after the filter caps. I do not think this is the correct method of keying this little treasure.
I do not use the function switch except for tuning up.

Here is the mod in case you want to look.
http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/wc3kmods.htm

73,
Brian KF5CCN