[Amps] DX-60

Vic K2VCO vic at rakefet.com
Mon Jan 17 09:10:07 PST 2011

I had a DX-60 some years ago, and it used a form of grid-block keying for CW. Here's a
schematic of it:

<http://members.cox.net/n4jk/images/dx60b1.jpg>

Sorry I don't know why it blows the modulator tube, but if the CW keying circuit is not
original, who knows what else was changed.

On 1/15/2011 12:48 PM, The Zwiener wrote:

> Hello folks. I have a DX-60 that I have been running for several months, and have
> electrically restored it including the WC3K mods.
>
> The little thing is great, but it keeps blowing, or shorting the 6DE7 modulator tube.
> Any ideas on this one?
>

> Also I am keying the transmitter by by making and breaking the power supply after the
> filter caps. I do not think this is the correct method of keying this little treasure.
> I do not use the function switch except for tuning up.
>

> Here is the mod in case you want to look.
> http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/wc3kmods.htm

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/