[Amps] Henry Amps

Roger (Sub1) sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Jan 26 21:41:27 PST 2011

On 1/26/2011 11:52 PM, midstatecommunications wrote:
> I currently have Henry 3KA, 2KD Classic, and 2KD5, also have a 2KD5 I am
> about to rebuild, anyone have any comments or suggestions on the rebuild or
> on Henry's in general.....Fred/W8WAR
They are a pretty straight forward amp design.
The multi-meter switches are no longer available, but equivalents are
available from Mouser.
If it needs work the power and SWR sampling circuit might require a bit
of ingenuity, but they too can be rebuilt.
I don't particularly like the chain and gear drive used between the
front panels and sub panels, but they work. It's just a bit more
complexity when dismantling and rebuilding.

The bias diode is expensive, but I believe it's still available.

I know I'm forgetting a few things.

73

Roger (K8RI)