[Amps] H i Power and hearing footsteps

Gary Smith wa6fgi at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 30 13:52:18 PST 2011

My last rip snorter:  `70 type 1 Veedub, 2137cc, BIG valve heads 1 5/8's Berg exhaust, pair of 42 MM Delorto's, all of the usual goodies. Discs on the front, large fast back drums on the rear. BIG FAT tires on the back, skinny one's on `70 vintage Riviera mags.
Shade over 14 in the quarter, was fun to hunt down teenager's in Mom and Dad's LS 400's or  Q-45's. Whip'em to the ground up to 75 or so. After that, that old and famous adage took over.
That was soo much fun not so long ago, mid `90's.
My wife (n6rxz) had a license plate frame made up that read "53 year old teenager at the wheel".
Still have *real* pix and many fond memories of that tiny yellow terror.
Back to the thread,
73, thanks for letting me wander.
 Gary...wa6fgi
(goin' on 70 and I can still rock.)