[Amps] Voltage Doubler Regulation

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Sun Jun 12 12:39:13 PDT 2011

Sort of.

I dislike the use of the term "regulation" when there is no regulator in the circuit, but that's my personal problem.

The type of voltage doubler circuit used determines ripple frequency and ripple voltage.  For a given filter capacitance, the circuit yielding the higher frequency and/or lower voltage will give better regulation.

For a given circuit, higher capacitance will yield better regulation at the expense of higher inrush current and expense.

Al
AB2ZY