[Amps] Adhesive forTeflon sheet..

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 13:34:53 PDT 2011

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:35:31 +1100, Robert Briggs <vk3zl at bigpond.com>
wrote:

>Hi All..Can someone enlighten me..I wish to attach Teflon sheet firmly
>to aluminum tuning discs with no chance of it coming off...What is the
>best type of adhesive for this purpose? Brand names in the US probably
>don't help me....If I know the chemical makeup I can probably find
>something in Oz..

REPLY:

If you really want "no chance of it coming off", I wouldn't not
recommend adhesive.

I would use Teflon flathead screws and countersink them. Mc-Master Carr
carries then in the US although they are breath-takingly expensive,
about $3 USD each even for small ones. Nylon might be a good enough
substitute.

73, Bill W6WRT