[Amps] GS-35b heat sink

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 20:21:04 PDT 2011

There are various statements on various Internet sites about the GS-31b using the GS-35b heat sink.  Some say that the heat sink works fine.  Other sites say that the GS-31b heat sink works on the GS-35b but not the other way around.  Still other sites say that the heat sinks are not interchangeable.

I have found a site which sells the GS-35b heat sink separately from the tube.

http://www.gstube.com/catalog/?key=+Gi-3+rc-35b

They also have a photo of the heat sink and attachment hardware.

http://www.gstube.com/photo/4480.jpg

In the photo the hole in the heat sink doesn't appear to be tapered.  However, from the angle of the photo it really is hard to tell.

If the shipping charges are not too much, I am going to order 1, maybe 2, GS-35b heat sinks and see if they will work on the GS-31b as is.  If not, then can they be modified (i.e. drilling out the heat sink) to fit the GS-31b?  The basic cost of the heat sink, $12.90, is cheap enough and if the shipping charges are not that bad then I think it is worth the gamble.

Then there may also be a chance that there are actually 2 different styles of heat sinks and 1 may fit the GS-31b fine and the other not yet both fit the GS-35b.  Inquiring minds want to know!

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com