[Amps] 8877 operation at 2KV anode voltage?

Jim Barber audioguy at q.com
Thu Aug 2 23:05:47 PDT 2012

Thanks to all that replied, both on the list and privately.

As soon as I get  my current (and hopefully last) PA77 project off the
bench, I'll open up a 76A for measurement and study.
My guess is that finding a place for a 5V 10.25A filament transformer
will be a challenge, but you never know. TCOM sells a
80VA toroidal kit with a 3.4" x 1.6" core that might work if something
more standard won't.

Sounds like an interesting winter project, assuming hobby time is
available this winter. :-)

73,
Jim N7CXI