[Amps] 87a will tell you, too - measuring overshoot

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Wed Aug 15 19:16:56 PDT 2012

> At a recent hamfest, i saw knockoff DSOs of Tek made by Rigol of Beijing.
> I wouldn't trust these for calibration and use at work, but wow, the
> prices were incredible.

There are several scope suppliers from China, Rigol being one.  They're
probably accurate and reliable enough and I believe Wes Hayward, W7ZOI uses
one in his design work.  At the recommendation of Jeff, AC0C, I purchased a
Hantek DSO5102B.  These scopes all have a similar look and feel.  I wouldn't
be surprised if the Tek DSO was made by Rigol under contract.

Recently, Rigol has introduced a line of very inexpensive RF spectrum
analyzers that offer very good res. bandwidth performance.  These are
portable analyzers with hi-res SVGA screens.  If the specs can be believed,
they appear to be at least on-par with HP from about a decade ago.  Screens
are multi-color with 10 divisions (100dB) of on-screen dynamic range.

Paul, W9AC