[Amps] Blue Disc Ceramic caps ??

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Aug 17 10:55:33 PDT 2012

On 8/17/2012 12:17 PM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> For high voltage and high current applications, don't forget the Russian
> doorknob caps available on eBay. More expensive than disc ceramic but absolutely
> bulletproof. Built like a tank in the Russian tradition. I have used them in
> many places in my amps with zero failures.
>
> One possible drawback - the mounting screws are usually metric. Ask the seller
> to supply the screws if possible.

It might or might not be a problem depending on where you live.
Most fastener suppliers in the US carry metric screws and bolts as well
as the US screws and Bolts.  They are also about 1/2 to 1/3rd the price
of fasteners at the big box stores like Lowe's and Home Depot who also
carry metric, or at least they do around here.

73

Roger (K8RI)