[Amps] Blue Disc Ceramic caps ??

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 16:41:25 PDT 2012

> What's wrong with steel? As long as you don't put it INSIDE the coil, of course.
> 73, Bill W6WRT

some steel alloys heat up when conducting RF.  Not all do but it is
difficult to tell which do, and do not visually, so it is preferable
to avoid steel as a series RF conductor.  Non-ferrous alloys or
elements such as brass, copper, and aluminum are usually employed.
I've used brass washers in some situations in which the steel fastener
is merely performing a mechanical not electrical function.

This is why you are apt to find brass hardware in RF tank circuits.

73

Rob
K5UJ