[Amps] Parasitic Resister Value

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 13:12:01 PDT 2012

It has been my experience that the tube-type GDO units work better than the solid-state units.  The "dip" reading in the meter is usually greater than the solid-state units and the tube-type units seem to be more sensitive.

As for the Measurements 59:  I have owned a number of GDO units over the years and the 59 was the best of those.  Unfortunately, when I sold my interests in a company in 1980, the Measurements 59 went with the company.  Sure wish I had it back!

The Millen tube-type GDO units and the Heath GD-1 series do a good job.  However, the Measurements 59 works even better.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

 From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242 at yahoo.com>
REPLY:
Expensive, clunky two-piece design, hard to find, vacuum tubes, AC line powered.

Other than that, it's great.  :-)

The Heathkit HD-1250 at a fraction of the price is battery powered, solid state
and will do everything you want. Several right now on eBay.

To each his own.