[Amps] Can some explain this curious eBay auction

Manfred Mornhinweg manfred at ludens.cl
Sat Aug 25 20:21:13 EDT 2012

 > Hummm, I need to check my inventory of tubes....

I did, two days ago... I have loads of Sylvania 6A6 NOS, but alas, they
seem to sell for just 12 bucks apiece... I will have to wait until
somebody discovers and adequately publicizes their magical properties of
generating "good" distortion.  They are power triodes, after all, and
pretty old. You can make a push pull triode amp from each one, since
they are dual.

Or maybe I should start that myth myself, to create a worldwide dire
need for 6A6 tubes, and then start selling mine, one or two at a time! ;-)

When the 6A6 are all sold, at a few thousand bucks each, I can start
promoting the DLL21 in the same way, because I also have a bunch of them!

But I will keep the blue Arcturus '27 to myself. It's too beautiful to
sell. And the Telefunken and Mullard gold-color metallized ones with
screw cap on top, too.

I couldn't find any 300. What a pity...

Manfred