[Amps] 4-5000 and others

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 19:03:48 EDT 2012

Gents:

No doubt some of you are familiar with the history of our local Cincinnati, Ohio BC station WLW at 700KC.

There is quite a bit of history on line regarding how it came to be to include running a 500KW carrier at one time!

I believe the tubes involved there were water cooled glass/metal construction.

This history suggests that our government used its powerful signal to message our troops behind enemy lines during the Hitler era, and that Hitler, did not like that one bit!

I found it to be a very interesting read, and a number of hams were employed to maintain the transmitters through the years.

                              Don N8ECH