[Amps] Choke input filters, design criteria?

Boye Christensen oz7c at cool.dk
Wed Dec 26 05:46:32 EST 2012

Hi to All

I'll have designed Power supply in many years mostly Switch mode Power and
in low power.

I decide to run some LT-spice simulation on it to find out what  what the
best type ?

Design 4KV 1Amp and Vripple  pp 100V, Transformer loss included

1.   single phase with choke   Eff app 96%

2 .   3 phase no choke   Eff  app 96%

3.    single phase no choke Eff app 97%

This means 3 and 4 % out in heat out of  the Box.

As far I can se, there is not any difference in what  you are burning out in
heat !

another case is about Power company will like the choke version because the
crest factor.

Sense there is not big difference form the user this most be a  question
about

Components prise/weight.

73 Boye OZ1CTK