[Amps] 9500 Mostly Running Again - Sort Of

Dave dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 13:14:28 PST 2012

You could use a VPN, and redirect the com-port or USB (or whatever) that
the amp is hung on, down the VPN to appear as a virtual port for the
Dashboard software running on your remote PC.

For Serial port redirects, look at Eterlogic VSPE tool.  100% free, and
*Very* good.  No encryption or data security, so you will need a VPN to
carry it.

Much as a lot of remote rig control works, like HRD and others I've used
via the Hamachi VPN (now part of LogMeIn.)

If you can get it working via the shack LAN from one PC to another, then
it should fly over a VPN OK.  Unless any data handhake timing is very
tight.

Is there any clue in the amp's manual, as to it's control codes and

Just an idea.

Dave G0WBX.