[Amps] Commander-2000 question

Bob KD7YZ kd7yz at denstarfarm.us
Mon Jan 2 06:20:43 PST 2012

I ran the Amp in a one-minute-on - one-minute off mode mode for about 45
minutes and at about 1200 watts out. Later on, I was using CW and after
about 3 or 4 minutes when I keyed the amp for xmit, the internal relay
switches back to open. I tried a separate cable to the RCA jack to
manually try keying. Same, key-on and immediate key-off.

If I wait some short period, I am able to key up again but for just a
short time.

this happened a year ago and I thought it went away. But I never
discovered out exactly the cause.

There is a high-grid-current cut-off built in. If it is high-grid
current causing this, then I can't guess why it's intermediate form one
day to another.

Anyone with specific knowledge of the amp could you please direct me
where I can narrow the search down to?

Thanks

--
bob kd7yz