[Amps] Length of coax from xcvr to amp affecting input swr.

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 14:33:39 PST 2012

There was a later Service Letter, not a true Service Bulletin put out rescinding this requirement.

From what I understand, Art Collins told Warren Brune to "fix" the need for the 20.5 foot long cable like was required for the 30S-1.  I don't know if the actual requirement for the 20.5 foot long cable was actually eliminated or if actual use of the shorter cable did not really affect the performance enough to warrant the need for the longer input cable.

Somewhere, I think I have a copy of the Service Letter.  I will try to find it.

I don't know if there was a later version of the manual printed.  The 30L-1 was definitely made for a number of years after the 1962 manual was printed.  The 1962 manual is the one that is on the CCA website.  The elimination of the longer cable may be in a later version.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com