[Amps] 3CX800A7 Grid Current Problem

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jan 28 06:16:07 PST 2012

   John G4ZTR Lemay wrote:

> Jim

> I think something has been lost in the translation !

> It is being suggested that you should use a new core, because the old one
> may have been saturated and/or overheated and it's properties have changed.

   I'm pretty sure ceramic materials like ferrites can't be damaged by mild heating when enough
heating to shatter them doesn't change the magnetic properties, after being epoxied back together
the work like new.
I have never heard of ferrites or powered iron cores being altered without physically damaging them.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - Did you know ...
                  ... that no-one ever reads these things?