[Amps] Dummy Load Blues

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 15:55:46 PDT 2012

Before purchasing any transformer oil, go by your local electric company service center.  The electric companies use transformer oil by the 55-gallon drum.  Offer to buy a gallon.  The vast majority of service centers will just give you a gallon because the paperwork to sell a gallon costs considerably more than what the gallon costs.  You might take a dozen donuts along with you to "sweeten" the deal.  However, at least around here, even the "gift" is usually not necessary.

You might take along a container that holds more than a gallon because it is difficult to get just a gallon out of the containers.

By the way, transformer oil is MUCH better than mineral oil.  If you have to have mineral oil go by a farm or ranch store.  They sell mineral oil by the gallon cheaper than you can buy a pint in the drug store.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com