[Amps] Squirrely 30L-1 Redux

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Jun 16 05:49:01 PDT 2012

The suppressor R IS critical, especially for 10M. Either use 100-120 Ohm 2W
carbons or get the Ohmite OY ceramic version at Mouser. If the amp is still
unstable use 47-51 Ohms which would be my first choice anyway as you want to
quench the parasitic from even forming. I see JI has added that concept to
his list....after Ive mentioned it for decades...and after reading it in a
50's QST. At least I dont have to be a plaigarizer... and make believe that
everything I write is a unique idea.

Carl
KM1H