[Amps] How to know when filter caps begin to fail

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Mar 28 18:12:33 PDT 2012

After a short time reforming of modern caps anything over 1ma at 450V I
consider junk.
Ive also rejected new caps that started acting up at around 440V which
caused Ameritron grief when I told them. They found out their supplier was
short changing them on the aluminum and have been testing....and rejecting
since.

I buy large amounts of repair parts from them so they listen when I report a
problem.

Carl
KM1H