[Amps] PL-259 and SO-239 cable attachments

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Wed May 2 14:22:15 PDT 2012

As for more output:  Theoretically, using a larger diameter cable should reduce the losses in the cable which, in turn, should produce more output.  Now that output difference is going to be, at best, milli-watts or even nano-watts if not pico-watts.

Glen, K9STH

I think it might actually be "no watts," because every Alpha I've ever used wouldn't even accept 100W drive power without going "TILT."  My old 77, 374, 76CA, 78 etc. were pretty low-drive amps and more than 60W or so would make them shut off, so I always had to restrict drive.  I don't have an 89, but I'll bet it's similar in that regard.

-WB2WIK