[Amps] 300 W single band mobile amp needed

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Oct 7 20:21:31 EDT 2012

On 10/7/2012 11:24 AM, rick darwicki wrote:
> I have a friend that runs a motorcycle mobile on 20 Meters at about 100 watts. He is looking for a schematic/info/link
for a simple no tune amp of about 300W that would just cover the SSB
section of 20. Any help?

It takes almost as many components for a solid state, single band ham
amp as it does for the all band amp and to make it narrow band would
take at least some of those components.  Looking for compact size and
inexpensive is different, but...

The basic amp is the same layout and it requires the same protective
circuitry and the same cooling area as an all band amp.  The only real
addition would be the filtering for one band instead of all bands and
you'd still need it to keep the harmonics off 10 meters.

Now that much power would also likely put the user into an area of RF
intensity higher than allowed by the FCC which "probably" would not be a
health problem but it's still more RF than allowed.

73

Roger (K8RI)