[Amps] Pulser

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Sep 10 22:07:56 EDT 2012

On 9/10/2012 8:00 PM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> I really don't understand why anyone feels the need to use a pulser for tuneup.
>
> If your amp can't do full power for the few seconds needed for a tuneup, you're
> pushing it too hard anyway, IMO.

It's not whether the amp can do a full power tune up, it's now much it
drags the HV down. Many of today's amps just don't have the HV
regulation to keep it up under a full load so the amp will be out of
tune for the higher SSB peaks, or even high speed CW at full power
unless the EI ratio remains the same.

73

Roger (K8RI)