[Amps] Basic Question Finding Passive Component Up in Smoke

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Apr 10 08:53:46 EDT 2013

You cant really test many of the components with just an Ohmeter, they need
to be under stress.
Try a 1A fuse with the tubes removed and if OK just the 6CL6 and see if it
oscillates. Finally add the 6146 and go to a 3A fuse. The best way is with a
Variac.

Possibly the short just momentarily overheated some component and didnt
cause permanent damage.

Carl
KM1H
Currently refurbing a DX-100