[Amps] Fw: Need Caps for Titan II Please

Bob Good k4bg at planters.net
Thu Apr 11 10:53:45 EDT 2013

From: Bob Good
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 15:26
To: Tentec at contesting.com ; Amp Reflector
Subject: Need Caps for Titan II Please

I own a T-T Model 416 Titan II Amp and having a problem.  It started with an burning arc located at the bottom of the 160 / 80 Meter coil at the junction of the 1/4 inch tubing coil.  It carboned the bottom of the coil form.  I removed the one chassis  mount and reconnected the two coils soldering the junction.  I have not a clue as to what caused the problem.  All functional parameters seemed fine.  HV without RF drive, no arc.  start applying power and buzzzzz and stinky smoke.  In the process of my clumsy attempt at repair I assume I moved two of the ceramic loading caps to where they arced to the screw post on the tuning variable cap resulting in another stinky arc which apparently cooked the caps.  When I cleared the caps by folding them back towards the PC board, I have no arc but no output either.  I hope the only damage is the two caps which are C-6 and C-8 on the Load capacitor shunt board each 320 pf.  A call to Paul at T-T produced no joy.  They do not have the caps.  Therefore....  does anyone have a couple of suitable caps I might purchase or information as to where to go to find them?  Any additional comments would also be much appreciated.  Thanks for reading and your help.  (All info correct on QRZ)  Regards,  Bob K4BG.