[Amps] Fw: Need Caps for Titan II Please

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 18:39:02 EDT 2013

you don't need caps from ten tec which would probably not be all that
good anyway.  They  usually used disc ceramics which were sub-par when
it came to handling continuous duty current on 160 m.

I'd invest in a pair of HEC doorknobs from RF Parts.  Get close to the
stock value and 7.5 KV.   Mount them with brass screws.  You'll need
to cut and  punch a bit of copper sheet metal and do some soldering
unless you can mount them with brass nuts and bolts all the way.
they'll handle the tank current.

http://www.rfparts.com/capacitors/capacitors-cerdoorknob/capacitors-ht50.html

HT50V301 is a N3300 class 2 RF cap made by HEC rated at 3.9 amps at 1
MHz 7.5 KV and 300 pF.  It might be better to make one 300 and the
other 400 but it is not extremely critical.  They've gone up to 30
bucks each.

73

Rob
K5UJ

p.s. about the voltage rating--I was thinking blocking caps.  You can
go lower on the v. for loading padders if it saves money.   Search
around on eBay for RF doorknobs.  sometimes decent caps show up made
by HEC and Centralab NOS.   Any of the class 2 dielectric temp. codes
will be okay, N750, X5V, NP0, N3300...