[Amps] Instability update, Apr 16

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Wed Apr 17 13:12:53 EDT 2013

Tube ceramic looks OK, no sign of arcs. Some discoloration/dirt
typical of a tube that has been in service more than 10 years but
nothing that looks like it would cause trouble. Tube tabs have no
visible tarnish.

It's a bit harder to say about the socket contacts. There is some
but not much tarnish on the visible surfaces - a few small spots
here and there. The surfaces that contact the tube tabs aren't
readily inspected without disassembly. This one has the "solid"
contacts, not the type with many little rounded fingers. I hate to
disassemble one of these without probable cause but if nothing else
seems to help maybe I need to go there.

Paul

--
Paul Kelley, N1BUG