[Amps] Need help with switch nomenclature

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Thu Apr 25 16:02:16 EDT 2013

Charles, you can also accomplish this by using three toggle switches.  The
first one turns on the air supply, and supplies power to the second switch.
The second switch supplies power to the filament and to the third switch.
The  third switch supplies power to activate the high voltage.

Can't activate hv unless filament and air are on; can't activate filament
unless air is on. At turn off, you can leave the air on for while longer if
you  wish. A refinement is using double pole switches and wiring the ptt
circuit in  series with all three switches to prevent keying the amplifier
before everything  is turned on.

The hv on switch serves double duty as a standby switch in this case.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/25/2013 11:50:40 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,