[Amps] Henry 2K-3

Jim Valdes jvaldes at whoi.edu
Thu Jan 24 09:45:45 EST 2013

I'm new to the reflector, thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I have a 2K-3 I acquired from a local ham. I have adequate grid current
(drive) on all bands however output power varies ... >1Kw on 75/80/15,
600w on 40, 350 on 20. Looking 'in' with an MFJ analyzer from the output
with a 2.2K to ground off the plates the best SWR I can achieve is in
the high 2's to > 3:1, I suspect a bad band switch. The output network
looks to be a Pi-L switched by two sections of the switch. DC wise the
inductor shorts out the contacts so I can't make a measurement there. I
tried 'looking' across the coils (in circuit) with the analyzer, the
results are not very consistent. Isolating the inductors will be a major
effort. I'd like to locate a set of replacement wafers for the switch
before I start to disassemble. I've sent emails to Henry Radio, and
radiodan.com - Anyone have a suggestions for additional sources or a
replacement assembly?
Thanks, Jim
WA1GPO