[Amps] Source of Mica Caps?

Mark Bitterlich markbitterlich at embarqmail.com
Thu Jun 6 17:10:39 EDT 2013

> ** I suspect most on this forum prefer simple and legal power, not some
> freak show ego trip.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

I'm not so sure honestly.

If a 3CX10000B7 amp happened to turn up wired up and ready to go, they would
turn it away and instead run a pair of 3-500's in a SB-220 (with grids
floating of course)  ???

Personally, I'd fire that baby up and melt the feedline just to see the
needles peg, but hey I know I have a screw loose so please excuse me.  Just
FYI, I'm one of those that always wants to try what others tell me is
impossible or that I'm "not allowed" to do.

Not stirring the pot (much), but Carl I think most hams that are interested
in learning about building amplifiers have at one time or another
contemplated having one that requires 220 VAC at 100 amps.  :-)

I enjoy your postings.

73,

Mark
WA3JPY