[Amps] Amplifier Research 15A250M3 amplifier

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Wed Jun 19 09:47:33 EDT 2013

  I realize this is a bit lower power than we usually discuss. But I may be using this amplifier while experimenting with
some tetrodes. The plan is to use a signal generator and this amplifier as a driver.
   When I was initially testing the amplifier I had a 20 Watt 40db attenuator between it and spectrum analyzer and
tracking generator. I was looking at the bandwidth without thinking much about the actual output power at the time.
But when I turned it off and reached to move the attenuator, I burnt my hand!!!. That was when I realized it was producing
more than 50 Watts during the test. Apparently it will produce several times the power than advertised. I am interested in
finding out what protective devices it has with in, if any, for SWR, over temperature, excessive current, etc.
73
Bill wa4lav