[Amps] Updated: help with blower wiring

John Farber kg6i at comcast.net
Wed Jun 19 14:04:32 EDT 2013

Here's the updated version of my previous posting.
I could use some sound advise before "firing up" a blower for use in my amp project. Attached is a photo of the motor face plate. There are three wires leaving the motor: white with a red stripe, white with a yellow stripe and white with a green stripe. Yellow to red wires measures 91 ohms, yellow to green measures 91 ohms, red to green measures 101 ohms. This tells me thee are two motor windings, one is the run winding and the other is the start winding. The motor-starting capacitor has a red color dot on one terminal, no color mark on the other terminal. My research on motor-starting capacitors leads me to believe I should connect the red motor wire to the red spot marked on the capacitor terminal with the other cap terminal connected to "phase 0" of the mains wiring, the green motor wire should be connected to the "phase 1" wire of the mains wiring and the common point of the two motor wires, the yellow wire should connect to the neutral mains wire. Is this correct?

Thanks, John, KG6I