[Amps] Autek WM-1 calibrated...

KG8YN kg8yn at neo.rr.com
Mon Mar 4 00:19:37 EST 2013

I have one too.  They do pick up stray RF.  I haven't fixed mine, but I would bypass and use a shielded cable to the remote pickup, put a back plate on the unit and ground it, add a metal power jack to your plate with a pi-net RF filter in series with boards dc input.

That should nullify or greatly reduce the effect.  1 watt of UHF from my link HT will raise the Autek's needles.

I think it is a basic good design, but they missed the boat on RF proofing.

Jim Lewis
KG8YN