[Amps] Autek WM-1 calibrated...

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 4 06:13:47 EST 2013

I've had a few of those before I got the LP-100A's and you are right. RF
does get into them.
Very simple fix though. Just wrap half a dozen turns of the power lead
around an inch or so of 3/8" ferrite rod or through a ferrite clamp on.
Never had another moment's trouble with mine, after I did that.

73, Alek. VK6APK

On 4/03/2013 1:19 PM, KG8YN wrote:
> I have one too.  They do pick up stray RF.  I haven't fixed mine, but I would bypass and use a shielded cable to the remote pickup, put a back plate on the unit and ground it, add a metal power jack to your plate with a pi-net RF filter in series with boards dc input.
>
> That should nullify or greatly reduce the effect.  1 watt of UHF from my link HT will raise the Autek's needles.
>
> I think it is a basic good design, but they missed the boat on RF proofing.
>
> Jim Lewis
> KG8YN

 From sunny Binningup, Western Australia.

Family Businesses: