[Amps] BAD DEAL STAY AWAY! / an alternative source

DAVE WHITE mausoptik at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 20 04:51:32 EDT 2013

I'd hardly call Ebay and Paypal exactly reputable companies - there aren't too many of those left these days - but they will usually resolve a dispute on the side of the buyer and will be heavily influenced by the person who contacts them and behaves reasonably.

If I were you, Carey, I'd raise a dispute, say that the item is not as described and that the seller refuses to co-operate.  The seller has pretty much stitched himself up with that email he sent to you, so I'd quote that to ebay.  I'd do this before you leave negative feedback.

If the seller still behaves like he is doing, then ebay may suspend his account and refund the cost of that item.  Ebay can of course see the thread of communication sent via their own system and I imagine that you'll have paypal protection if you bought via ebay and paid via paypal.

Telephone them to back up your claim.

Dave G0OIL