[Amps] Alpha 87A - Gettering NOS 3CX800A7's

Jerry jsternmd at att.net
Fri Mar 29 11:43:17 EDT 2013

I am sending this on behalf of John who has not been able to get permission
to post yet.  Please reply either to the List or to him directly at
jstarr001 at hotmail.com.

I have an Alpha 87a and would like to replace with 20 year old NOS 3CX800A7
pair.  These have never been used.  I would like to getter the tubes by
running them for 1-2 days but I have no setup other than the 87A.  I believe
the 87A applies HV and screen voltage after a 3 minute timer period.   As
long as I don't apply any RF signal, would it be harmful to the tubes to
insert them into the 87A and let them cook for a day or so with HV applied?
73
john