[Amps] Alpha 87A - Gettering NOS 3CX800A7's

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Sat Mar 30 12:20:25 EDT 2013

Hi All, I have found that using an old analog HV type VOM, such as Tripplet
 630, as a current limiting resistor works very well. These meters
typically have  a series resistance of about 100 megohms and limit the current to
less than 30  microamps at 3 KV plate voltage.

Additionally, you can monitor the process by watching the current
indication. Hopefully it will decrease with time.

The actual voltage impressed on the tube is the plate voltage minus the VOM
 reading. So, if the leakage causes the meter to read 2000v, the actual
voltage  across the tube is only 1000v and the current is 20 microamperes (in
this  case).

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 3/30/2013 7:46:34 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,