[Amps] Molex Pins

Col. Paul E. Cater paulecater at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 11:31:11 EDT 2013

Someone mentioned that the new replacement cables out there have larger
pins. I have had that problem too.  Sloppy connections are bad for I sq'd R
losses and heat.   I have had a few radios come through here where some of
the 3rd. party power cables only used one pin to carry all the current  and
the connector was obviously discolored.

I may have found the pins and ordered some samples. If they are correct, I
will be posting sources and part numbers.

This is for the DC power connector only.  I haven't had to deal with the 24
hole accessory or amplifier sockets.   Years ago a friend gave me a
break-out box for Icoms that I use to this day for the acc sockets.  I have
never seen one in the US however.

Paul
WD8OSU