[Amps] Street Price on a Alpha 77 SX

Dan Hearn n5ardxcc at gmail.com
Mon May 27 23:39:40 EDT 2013

Hi Mike. I have a 77DX which has a hole for an additional tube and a second
filament winding on the plate transformer for another tube. I toyed with
the idea of adding the second tube but the regulation of the plate voltage
with one tube concerns me so didn't do it. I believe people who want the
power of a second tube replace the plate xfmr with an external one. If you
go to eham.net you will see several comments about the plate xfmr in the
SX. I believe the SX has the same xfmr as my 77dx.
  The 77DX's sell for around $5k I believe.

73, Dan, N5AR

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM, David Smith <w6te at msn.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> I just sold a 77SX for a sick friend of mine. It was in very good shape.
> It had the original plate transformer and filter caps. It also had a new
> pair of 8877's. it sold for $6,000.
>
> Dave - W6TE
>                   ______                        | \________0(  )0________/
>                    |  |  |                 """ "" """
>
> > From: k9mk at flash.net
> > To: amps at contesting.com
> > Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 20:40:25 -0500
> > Subject: [Amps] Street Price on a Alpha 77 SX
> >
> > Ran across a Alpha 77SX today.
> > Seller not sure what they want to ask, and I'm not sure that to offer.
> >
> > What is the range of street prices for what appears to be a clean
> working 2
> > holer?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > 73's  Mike K9MK
> >
> > PS: Has anyone tried to push this amp to 6M?

Dan Hearn
N5AR