[Amps] FAN SPEED

Edwin Karl edk0kl at centurytel.net
Thu Nov 7 00:57:12 EST 2013

I have 2 LK-500 amps, Amp Supply paralleled 2- 10 or 20 watt resistors for
slow speed, shorting them when on high speed.

I added 2 thermostats and an additional resistor. Works like this.
Normal low speed
as original. At 125F. I use a thermostat to add additional resistor to
bundle, slightly
speeding the fan. At 160 F. An additional thermostat shorts the whole
thing, fan goes
full blast.

Even in RTTY contest I rarely hear the high speed kick in, and that for
relatively short
period of time. The fan blows air across the tubes, exiting on the right
side of the
cabinet. Stats are mounted about 3 inches off chassis and in the exhaust
path just
as the air exits the amp.

Been working for about 7 years now, no problems, and I don't worry about
forgetting
to flip the switch ...

73

ed K0KL