[Amps] Alpha chimneys

Jim Barber audioguy at q.com
Fri Nov 8 18:15:19 EST 2013

It varies.

With the Alpha 76A and variants, the chimneys just butt up against the
perforated metal in the top of the case.

With the 77* series, they're wrapped conically, (instead of a straight
tube) and the smaller end is clamped to an exhaust pipe.

I like the system. It makes changing out tubes a little more interesting
if the chassis is tight, but keeps the exhaust air controlled.

In my last 8877 I slit the rubber up the side, (for the anode connection
strip) then made a little larger drill hole at the end of the slit to
prevent it from tearing out. After some juggling and clamping the rubber
to the anode cooler with a stainless hose clamp, everyone was happy.

My .02,
Jim N7CXI