[Amps] Screen current problem solved!

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Nov 9 20:08:14 EST 2013

Its those little things that bite you on the a**.

Been there done that and is why I bought a 3000 W CCS RCA load, built by
Bird, with a tapered snout and rated to 1000 mc at a hamfest almost 30 years
ago.
It included a seperate 5" wattmeter in a cabinet, and a set of  250 and
1500W slugs for the 400-1200mc range, total of 4 elements. It works fine at
1296 with barely a tickle of VSWR and is still useable at 2304.

All for $125 since others passed on it as they werent intelligent enough to
realize it works fine at VHF and below also (-;  This was even before no
coders and make believe Extras !!

The resistor is still within 2% of 50 Ohms and based upon the mc ratings it
has to built before the pointy heads forced that EU crap on us. I do turn on
a pair of larger size muffin fans when pushing or exceeding the 3KW.

Carl
KM1H