[Amps] Best source for Gigavac GH-1 ?

Vic K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 11:08:27 EST 2013

Interesting point about the 'speedup' circuit. I am using a vacuum relay in series with a
reed relay in a circuit similar to the Measures circuit. The voltage across the relays is
normal when measured in a steady state condition, but the open circuit voltage supplied
through a dropping resistor is higher. The idea is that the filter capacitor in the power
supply discharging through the dropping resistor and relay coils provides the 'goose', as
you call it.  Now I'm thinking that this may not be such a good idea. I have used similar
circuits over the past 15 years or so and only once replaced a relay, due to the receive
contact becoming unreliable.

I admit to not worrying about the sequencing, depending on my K3, which provides a
reasonable delay of about 8 ms before and after producing RF.

For contests, I operate the K3's PTT from a Winkey device. This outputs CW directly from
the computer and generates a PTT signal that holds during CW generation but drops quite
quickly after the transmission finishes. That way I don't have to use the semi-QSK in the
transceiver, which will stay in transmit longer than needed. I save the full QSK for
pileups.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA