[Amps] How much power through a BNC connector?

Bill Putney billp at wwpc.com
Sun Nov 10 21:09:26 EST 2013

Now that I'm in the middle of doing a QSK mod to the Henry 2KD-4... I'm
looking at the BNC input connector to the amp. It occurs to me that if I
use my FT-2000D barefoot through the amp I may be pushing the BNC pretty
hard at 200W. I can't think of a time I've ever put that much power
through a BNC. There's also that piece of RG-58U in there. I guess I've
put 200W pulse from a transponder through one but it's pretty low duty
cycle.

Maybe I shouldn't worry so much...

Bill - WB6RFW