[Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Fri Nov 15 05:44:07 EST 2013

Markku,

It may be shown that (i.e. as the books say, it is left as an exercise for the reader!) if you have H<2 as a result of solving the equation  H=gwCpgRpRg  where g is the mutual conductance, w = 2 times pi times frequency, Cpg is the pate - grid capacitance, Rp is the plate load resistance and Rg is the grid resistance, the stage is stable. Arguably Rp should be the plate load resistance in parallel with AC plate resistance of the tube, but sticking to the load resistance gives a bit more stability.

vy 73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Nov 15 2013, 07:32 AM