[Amps] Commander HF-1250 problem

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Nov 19 09:34:44 EST 2013

My first pass guess would be the power switch or input relay which is
activated from the control board. Im assuming the interlock is actuated and
good.

The relay can be bypassed for testing and an Ohmeter on the switch.

There is nothing in the below deck PS that can affect the input since the
fuses are good BUT carefully check the holders for continuity; Ive seen a
few charred and cracked.

The filter caps, equalizing resistors and metering resistors are all below
deck and if going there replace all at the same time. While supposedly
cooled by the blower they are actually getting less cooling than if out in
the open.
Use 100K 3W MOX for equalizers and raise them off the likely already charred
PC board. For metering resistors IRC has a nice 1M 1000V rated 3W that is
very reasonable. I use the new 105C CDE 381LQ electrolytics.  While access
is a PITA, the complete job is 3-4 hours.

Carl
KM1H