[Amps] Discrepencies in Pi-net calculators

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 12:20:49 EST 2013

To add to the confusication here, here's the pi-calc I use here:

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/pi-l-net.zip

I thought G3SEK's spreadsheet above was pretty good.

I know VK1OD's is also good, but I found it a little confusing until Owen
kindly explained it to me. I forget the details, but I think you have to
use two of his calculators on his site. The first one IIRC involves the
characteristic curves of the tube, and then you take the results of that
and transfer it to another of his calculators on another page.

IIRC, Owen has three RF PA calculators.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com